"Good Morning America" anchor Amy Robach (ABJ '95) will deliver UGA's Spring Undergraduate Commencement address on May 8 at 7 p.m. in Sanford Stadium. Speaking at the Graduate Commencement earlier that day will be University Professor Emeritus Gary Bertsch. The Graduate exercise will be at 10 a.m. in Stegeman Coliseum. Click here for more details.
The 2015 Spring Commencement exercise will be held on Friday, May 8, 2015 at 7 p.m. in Sanford Stadium. The Graduate ceremony will be held earlier that day at 10 a.m. in Stegeman Coliseum. Doors for both ceremonies open an hour and a half prior to the events. The ceremonies will be broadcast live on Channel 15 of the University Cable System and Channel 181 of the Charter Cable System. It also will be streamed live here. Tickets are not needed for either ceremony.
NOTE: Bags, purses or backpacks exceeding 12"x12"x12”, and wrapped packages wherein the contents are not visible* are prohibited inside Sanford Stadium and Stegeman Colisuem. Food, drinks (non-glass, non-aluminum, non-alcoholic) and soft-sided coolers (with the plastic liner removed) ARE permitted. Beverage containers may also be subject to inspection.
* We advise either wrapping the gift item inside the facility after inspection or place the unboxed gift item in a gift bag. Our security personnel will ask guests to open any wrapped items for inspection. Gate personnel are instructed to enforce this rule in the interest of safety. Stadium and coliseum security has the right to inspect any item at any time for the purpose of spectator safety. Prohibited items must be returned to cars or disposed of before entering and will not be accepted by employees nor stored at the gates.
CONSTRUCTION ADVISORY: Construction of UGA's new Science Learning Center is underway. The site is east of Stegeman Coliseum. There may be traffic delays, so please plan to arrive early.
Instructions for graduates
For additional graduation information please visit the ceremony instruction link on the Student Information page.
For the comfort of families and guests
The following suggestions may make the Undergraduate Commencement ceremony more enjoyable:
- Dress for the heat; light clothing is advisable
- Hats, visors and sun screen lotion are recommended
- You may wish to bring your own water
- Umbrellas are allowed inside Sanford Stadium
- Smoking is prohibited inside Sanford Stadium and Stegeman Coliseum
- In the interest of all guests, no large items, such as banners and posters, or amplification equipment, such as bullhorns or megaphones, will be allowed
- Alcohol is NOT permitted at any UGA commencement ceremony
Cameras and video recorders are permitted inside Sanford Stadium and Stegeman Coliseum. However to avoid blocking the view of others, guests are not permitted on the field or coliseum floor during the event. Only credentialed photographers are allowed in these areas.
Photographers authorized to be on the field and coliseum floor are free to roam in student seating areas but not on stage during the ceremonies. They also are not permitted to block or impede the processional or recessional. Business or business casual attire is required for all photographers. For all other media inquiries please contact Stephanie Schupska (print) or Pete Konenkamp (broadcast).
Lost & Found
Future Ceremony Dates, Times and Locations
|Spring 2015||May 8, 2015, Friday||Undergraduate Ceremony in Sanford Stadium at 7 p.m.; Graduate Ceremony in Stegeman Coliseum at 10 a.m.|
|Fall 2015||December 18, 2015, Friday||Undergraduate Ceremony in Stegeman Coliseum at 9:30 a.m.; Graduate Ceremony in Stegeman Coliseum at 2:30 p.m.|
|Spring 2016||May 13, 2016, Friday||Undergraduate Ceremony in Sanford Stadium at 7 p.m.; Graduate Ceremony in Stegeman Coliseum at 10 a.m.|
*Times and locations are subject to change.