The 2016 Fall undergraduate ceremony exercises will be held on Friday, December 2016 at 9:30 am in Stegeman Coliseum. The Graduate ceremony will be held later that day at 2:30 p.m. in Stegeman Coliseum. Doors for both ceremonies open an hour and a half prior to the events. The ceremonies will be broadcast live on Channel 15 of the University Cable System and Channel 181 of the Charter Cable System. It also will be streamed live here. Tickets are required for the undergraduate ceremony and are not required for the graduate ceremony.
NOTE: Bags, purses or backpacks exceeding 8.5"x11”, and wrapped packages wherein the contents are not visible* are prohibited inside Stegeman Colisuem. Food and drinks (non-glass, non-aluminum, non-alcoholic) ARE permitted but must fit inside the permitted-sized bag. Beverage containers may also be subject to inspection.
* We advise either wrapping the gift item inside the facility after inspection or place the unboxed gift item in a gift bag. Our security personnel will ask guests to open any wrapped items for inspection. Gate personnel are instructed to enforce this rule in the interest of safety. Security has the right to inspect any item at any time for the purpose of spectator safety. Prohibited items must be returned to cars or disposed of before entering and will not be accepted by employees nor stored at the gates.
Instructions for graduates
For additional graduation information please visit the ceremony instruction link on the Student Information page.
For the comfort of families and guests
The following suggestions may make the Commencement ceremonies more enjoyable:
- You may wish to bring your own water
- Smoking is prohibited inside Stegeman Coliseum
- In the interest of all guests, no large items, such as banners and posters, or amplification equipment, such as bullhorns or megaphones, will be allowed
- Alcohol is NOT permitted at any UGA Commencement ceremony
Cameras and video recorders are permitted inside Stegeman Coliseum. However, to avoid blocking the view of others, guests are not permitted on the stadium field or coliseum floor during the event. Only credentialed photographers are allowed in these areas.
Photographers authorized to be on the field and coliseum floor are free to roam in student seating areas but not on stage during the ceremonies. They also are not permitted to block or impede the processional or recessional. Business or business casual attire is required for all photographers. For all other media inquiries please contact Sara Freeland (print) or Melissa Jackson (broadcast).
Lost & Found
May 5, 2017, Friday
Undergraduate Ceremony in Sanford Stadium at 7:00 p.m.*
Graduate Ceremony in Stegeman Coliseum at 10:00 a.m.*
*Note: Time and locations may change